HISTORY and OVERVIEW
The Association of Top Achiever Scouts (ATAS) was formed in 2004 in the Asia Pacific Scouting Region to unite those who have earned the top Scouting award in their particular National Scout Organizations (NSO). ATAS is recognized by the World Organization of the Scout Movement (WOSM) as an international fellowship of Scouting. The Mission of ATAS is to promote and assist Scouts in their respective NSO’s to achieve the same level of success and provide a network of top achievers for fraternity and Scouting fellowship.
Membership has grown with over 500 BSA Scouts and Scouters having joined this international Scouting fellowship. Because of its popularity and continued growth in the USA, Bray Barnes and Lou Paulson virtually met with the International ATAS Committee in July 2020 and discussed an official ATAS – BSA Chapter that was approved by the International ATAS Management Committee.
ATAS – BSA
BSA’s top achievers include recipients of the Eagle Scout Award[i], Sea Scouting’s Quartermaster’s Award, and Venturing’s Silver and Summit Awards.
The BSA Alumni Association oversees all affiliate programs. These programs differ from the Affinity Group’s because their primary focus is Scouting. These groups include, but are not limited to, the Order of the Arrow (OA), National Eagle Scout Association (NESA), and the Venturing and Sea Scouting programs. ATAS-BSA will become part of the BSA Alumni Association as an affiliate to assure all BSA Top Achievers (Eagle, Quartermaster, Silver and Summit Awardees) a valued membership in ATAS.
ATAS – BSA shall be responsible for promoting the ATAS Objectives as set forth below:
- To strengthen friendship and solidarity through continued relationships amongst ‘Top Achiever’ Scouts in the Boy Scouts of America.
- To support and complement the work of the NSOs
- To conduct regular activities and /or projects so as to foster fellowship amongst members, their families and guests.
- To develop networking amongst members for sharing of knowledge and experiences.
ATAS does not offer any merchandise to sell or authorize chapters to sell merchandise.
An ATAS patch will be available at ATAS – BSA functions at no cost
- An ATAS – BSA Chapter aligns with the goals of the BSA Alumni Association
- An international fraternity of Scouting fellowship of top achievers
- Simplified application.
- No dues
- No professional time required
[i] The National Eagle Scout Association (NESA) being the official recognized organization for Eagle Scouts.